Suggestions for a 2-Day trip from Bangalore to Kerala?

Hi everyone!

I’m planning a short getaway and would love some suggestions. I will base in Bangalore and am considering taking a 2-day trip to Kerala. Since I have limited time, I’m looking for recommendations on the best places to visit, activities to do, and any tips on travel logistics. Ideally, I’d like to make the most of this brief trip without feeling rushed. Any advice on must-see destinations, accommodation, or travel routes would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

2 Likes

Hello!

A 2-day trip from Bangalore to Kerala can be a wonderful experience, even with the limited time. Here are some suggestions to help you make the most of your trip:

Day 1:

Destination: Wayanad

Travel Time: It’s about a 6-7 hour drive from Bangalore to Wayanad, so starting early in the morning is advisable.

• Places to Visit:
    • Edakkal Caves: Explore these historic caves with ancient petroglyphs.
    • Soochipara Falls: Enjoy the scenic beauty and maybe dip in the waterfall.
    • Pookode Lake: A serene spot perfect for a peaceful boat ride.
  • Accommodation: Wayanad has plenty of good resorts and homestays. Opt for one that offers a good view and is close to the attractions you want to visit.

Day 2:

Exploring Wayanad and Return:

• Activities:
    • Banasura Sagar Dam: Visit this picturesque dam and maybe try water sports.
    • Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: A safari here can be quite rewarding if you’re a nature lover.
    • Local Markets: Don’t forget to explore the local markets for spices, tea, and handicrafts.
  • Return Journey: Leave Wayanad early in the evening to reach Bangalore by night. This gives you enough time to relax before resuming your routine.

Tips:

• Travel Logistics: Hiring a cab or self-driving can give you flexibility. Due to the hilly terrain, ensure your vehicle is well-maintained.
  • Packing: Pack light, but make sure to include comfortable shoes, a raincoat (Kerala’s rain can be unpredictable), and a camera for those scenic shots.
  • Food: Try local Kerala cuisine at small eateries for an authentic experience.

Enjoy your trip, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Safe travels!

2 Likes