Best Abaddon Build for Dota 2? Help a newcomer out!

Hey, fellow gamers!

I’m new to Dota 2 and have been trying to get the hang of playing Abaddon. However, I’m lost when finding the best build for him. I’ve encountered the phrase “Abaddon build Dota 2” in my searches, but I’m unsure what it means or where to find the most up-to-date and effective build. Could someone please explain what an “Abaddon build” is and share some advice on the best build for this hero in Dota 2? Any insights, tips, or links to guides would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Hi @maxrodriguezart88

In Dota 2, an “Abaddon build” refers to the specific item and skill point allocation for Abaddon, a versatile and durable hero. Abaddon is often played as a support or offlaner and can be a valuable asset to your team. Here’s a basic guide to his build:

Item Build:

Starting Items: Begin with Tango, Healing Salve, Stout Shield, and two Iron Branches. This setup provides Abaddon with some regen and survivability in the early game.
Early Game: Upgrade to a Magic Stick for extra survivability, and consider buying Boots of Speed.
Core Items: The core items for Abaddon usually include Arcane Boots, Vladmir’s Offering (Vlads), and a Mekansm. These items provide him with mana sustain, and team fight utility, and aura benefits for his team.
Extension Items: Depending on the match, You can build items like Guardian Greaves, Aghanim’s Scepter, or Lotus Orb. Guardian Greaves are great for healing your team, Aghanim’s Scepter enhances your ult, and Lotus Orb provides strong dispel and reflection capabilities.

Skill Build:

Abaddon’s “Mist Coil” Q ability is often maxed first for its single-target nuke and healing effect.
Next, prioritise the “Aphotic Shield” (W) ability. It provides a strong shield to allies and can dispel debuffs when it pops.
Lastly, invest in “Curse of Avernus” (E), as it boosts your team’s attack speed and your movement.

Talent Choices:

At level 10, you can choose between additional health or movement speed, depending on the game’s demands.
At level 15, the choice is usually between extra Mist Coil damage or cooldown reduction.
At level 20, the choice is often between a larger Aphotic Shield or a stronger Curse of Avernus.
At level 25, the choice between Borrowed Time duration increase and Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade is situational.

Remember that your item and skill choices should adapt to the game you’re playing, considering your team composition and the enemy team’s lineup. Abaddon can be a valuable support hero due to his healing and protective abilities, making him an excellent choice for beginners and experienced players.

Good luck on the battlefield!

3 Likes