California Regulations on Folding Stocks: Can legally own one for personal use?

Hey everyone,

I’m not well-versed in the legalities surrounding firearms, and I’ve been wondering about folding stocks in California. Specifically, are folding stocks legal in the state? I’m looking to understand the regulations regarding their ownership for personal use. If anyone has insights or experiences to share or can direct me to the right resources, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @jadewilliamsccode

I’d be happy to provide some information on this topic. In California, the legality of folding stocks for firearms is regulated by state firearm laws. As far as I know, folding stocks are generally legal, but there are specific requirements and restrictions you need to be aware of.

Firstly, it’s crucial to ensure that the firearm complies with California’s assault weapon laws. Folding stocks on rifles that fall under the assault weapon category may be subject to additional restrictions.

Additionally, remember that firearm laws can change, so it’s essential to consult the most recent and reliable sources for the latest information. The California Department of Justice website and local law enforcement agencies are good places to start.

Always exercise caution and adhere to the legal requirements when dealing with firearms to avoid unintended legal consequences. Feel free to ask if you have more specific questions or need clarification on certain points.

Stay informed and stay safe!

1 Like