Hiding UI in Final Fantasy XIV: How can I enhance my gaming experience by hiding the user interface?

Final Fantasy XIV is a visually stunning and immersive game, but sometimes the screen’s user interface (UI) elements can detract from the overall experience. As a dedicated gamer, I’m looking for ways to enhance my gameplay by hiding the UI in Final Fantasy XIV. Whether during epic battles, exploring breathtaking landscapes, or capturing screenshots, I want to enjoy the game’s visuals to the fullest.

I’m contacting the gaming community for their expertise on this matter. Are any in-game options or settings allowing me to hide specific UI elements? Perhaps some third-party mods or add-ons can help achieve this? I’m open to suggestions, or advice fellow gamers can provide to help me create a more immersive experience in Final Fantasy XIV. Let’s share our knowledge and elevate our gaming experiences together!

2 Likes

@reeddakota30290

If you’re seeking ways to enhance immersion and capture stunning screenshots in Final Fantasy XIV by hiding the user interface (UI), you’ve come to the right place!

Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to achieve UI hiding in FFXIV:

Basic UI Settings: Final Fantasy XIV provides built-in options to customise your UI. Press the “Escape” key or select the “System” tab in the main menu, then navigate to “HUD Layout” and “Display Settings.” Here, you can resize, move, or hide individual UI elements to your preference. Experiment with these settings to find your ideal UI setup.

Hotkeys for UI Toggle: To quickly toggle the visibility of your UI elements during gameplay, you can assign hotkeys. Head to the “Keybind” menu in the main menu, then select the “UI” category. Assign a key or combination of keys to toggle the UI elements on and off seamlessly.

Gpose and Group Pose: FFXIV’s Group Pose feature, commonly known as Gpose, is a powerful tool for capturing breathtaking screenshots. Access Gpose by typing “/gpose” in the chat box or selecting it from the emote list. In Gpose mode, you can use various commands such as “/gpose hidehud” to hide the entire UI temporarily and “/gpose gshud” to hide specific UI elements. Experiment with different commands to achieve the desired result.

Third-Party Mods and Add-ons: While it’s important to note that using third-party mods and add-ons is not officially supported by Square Enix, some players have found success in hiding UI elements through these tools. However, exercise caution and ensure you’re using reputable sources for mods and add-ons to avoid any potential risks or breaches of the Terms of Service.

Remember, customisation is key! Take some time to explore the various UI options available in Final Fantasy XIV and experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect setup that suits your gaming style.

Feel free to share your own tips, tricks, or experiences with hiding the UI in FFXIV. Let’s help each other create immersive and visually stunning adventures in the realm of Eorzea!

Happy gaming!

3 Likes