How do I reinstall Final Fantasy XIV?

Hey everyone,

I’m in a bit of a pickle and could use some guidance. I recently encountered some issues with my copy of Final Fantasy XIV, and it seems like a reinstall might be the solution. However, I’m not quite sure how to go about it. Can anyone here please provide me with step-by-step instructions or a detailed guide on reinstalling Final Fantasy XIV? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

5 Likes

@lthompson2K

If you’re facing issues with your copy of Final Fantasy XIV and need to reinstall the game, fret not! Reinstalling the game can often resolve various problems you might encounter.

Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:

Uninstalling the Game:

• On Windows: Open the Control Panel, navigate to “Programs” or “Programs and Features,” locate Final Fantasy XIV in the list of installed programs, right-click on it, and select “Uninstall.”
  • On Mac: Open Finder, go to the “Applications” folder, find Final Fantasy XIV, drag it to the Trash, and empty the Trash.

Removing Game Files:

• On Windows: Press Windows key + R, type “%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games,” and hit Enter. Locate the “FINAL FANTASY XIV” folder, right-click on it, and choose “Delete.”
  • On Mac: Go to Finder, press Shift + Command + G, type “~/Documents/My Games,” and press Enter. Find the “FINAL FANTASY XIV” folder, right-click on it, and select “Move to Trash.”

Downloading and Installing:

• Visit the official Final Fantasy XIV website (www.finalfantasyxiv.com) and log in to your account.
  • Navigate to the “Download Game” section and follow the prompts to download the game installer.
  • Once the download completes, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the game.

Patching and Updating:

• Launch the Final Fantasy XIV Launcher after the installation completes.
  • Allow the launcher to download and install any necessary updates and patches. This may take some time depending on your internet connection speed.

Launching the Game:

• Once the updates are finished, click on the “Play” button in the launcher to start Final Fantasy XIV.

Remember to have your account credentials ready to log back into the game. If you encounter any issues during the reinstallation process, feel free to seek assistance from the official support channels or the game’s community forums.

Happy adventuring in the world of Final Fantasy XIV!

Reinstalling the game may result in the loss of certain settings or configuration preferences. Ensure you have backed up any important game-related files or settings before proceeding.

The instructions provided are based on general practices and may vary slightly depending on the operating system and specific circumstances. Always refer to official documentation or seek support from the game’s official channels for the most accurate instructions.

3 Likes