How to identity which application used the specific port on Windows 10?

Hi

I have a Windows 10 Professional. One of the applications notified that port 8443 is being used.

I need to identify which application used that port so I can disable them temporarily.

Thank you.

4 Likes

@euuser

To identify the application using port 8443 on your Windows 10 Professional system, you can follow these steps:

Open the Command Prompt: Press the Windows key, type “Command Prompt,” and select the Command Prompt app from the search results.

Run the following command to identify the application using port 8443:

Copy code

netstat -ano | findstr :8443

This command will display a list of network connections and associated processes using port 8443. The output’s last column will show the application’s Process ID (PID).

Take note of the PID associated with port 8443.

Open the Task Manager: Right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager” from the context menu.

In the Task Manager window, click on the “Details” tab.

Click on the “PID” column to sort the processes by their PID.

Look for the PID you noted in Step 3. The corresponding application/process will be displayed.

Now that you have identified the application using port 8443, you can take the necessary steps to disable or temporarily stop it. Please exercise caution when modifying or stopping processes, as some may be essential for system functionality or other applications.

2 Likes