Logitech G910 Orion Spark vs Spectrum: Which Keyboard Should I Choose?

Hello everyone

I recently came across two Logitech keyboards, the G910 Orion Spark and the G910 Orion Spectrum, and I’m having trouble deciding between the two. I’m not very knowledgeable about computer peripherals, so I was hoping someone could help me understand the differences between these two keyboards and which one would better suit my needs. Any insights or personal experiences with these keyboards would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 Likes

@riomartintech

Regarding Logitech’s gaming keyboards, the G910 Orion Spark and the G910 Orion Spectrum are two popular options that often pique the interest of gamers and enthusiasts.

Let’s delve into the details and compare these keyboards to help you make an informed decision.

The Logitech G910 Orion Spark and Orion Spectrum share several design and core features similarities. Both keyboards feature a sleek and ergonomic design, customisable RGB lighting, and programmable macro keys. They also employ Logitech’s exclusive Romer-G mechanical switches, known for their tactile feel and quiet operation.

However, the lighting is a key difference between these two models. The G910 Orion Spark offers individual key backlighting, allowing you to customise each key’s colour, while the G910 Orion Spectrum features zone-based lighting, where you can choose the colour for different keyboard sections. The Orion Spark might be the preferred choice if you enjoy per-key lighting customisation.

Another notable difference is the availability of the wrist rest. The G910 Orion Spark has a detachable wrist rest, providing added comfort during long gaming sessions. On the other hand, the Orion Spectrum does not include a wrist rest in its standard package. If wrist support is important to you, keep this in mind.

In terms of performance, both keyboards offer excellent responsiveness and reliability. The Romer-G mechanical switches on both models provide a satisfying typing and gaming experience. However, it’s worth mentioning that the G910 Orion Spark features a slightly different keycap design, which some users find more comfortable and visually appealing.

Ultimately, the choice between the Logitech G910 Orion Spark and the G910 Orion Spectrum boils down to personal preferences. If you prioritise per-key lighting customisation and prefer a keyboard with a wrist rest, the Orion Spark might be the better fit for you. However, if zone-based lighting and wrist rest are not crucial factors, the Orion Spectrum still delivers a remarkable gaming experience at a potentially more affordable price.

When deciding, consider your specific needs and preferences, such as lighting options, wrist support, and budget. If possible, reading user reviews and getting hands-on experience can also provide valuable insights to help you choose the Logitech gaming keyboard that suits you best.

2 Likes