Looking for recommendations: Best beaches for kids in Maui?

Hello, fellow travellers!

I’m planning a family vacation to Maui and want to make sure my kids have a fantastic time at the beach. I’ve heard that Maui has some amazing beaches, but I’m not sure which ones are the best for children. Can you share your experiences and recommendations for the “best beaches for kids in Maui”? I’d love to hear about family-friendly activities, calm waters, or other tips that can help make our Maui beach days unforgettable for the little ones.

Your insights will be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi @jadewilliamsccode

Maui is a fantastic destination for a family vacation, and it offers some wonderful beaches that are perfect for kids. Here are my top recommendations for the best beaches for children in Maui:

Kamaole Beach Park I, II, and III: Located in Kihei, these three adjacent beaches offer soft, golden sand and gentle waves, making them ideal for children. They also have lifeguards on duty and picnic areas for a complete family day out.

Wailea Beach: Another gem in the Kihei area, Wailea Beach is known for its calm waters and excellent facilities. It’s great for snorkelling; your kids can explore the tide pools teeming with marine life.

Baby Beach, Lahaina: As the name suggests, this beach is perfect for young children. It’s protected by a natural barrier reef, creating a shallow and calm lagoon. The little ones can safely splash around here.

Napili Bay: Napili Bay offers a beautiful, protected cove with soft sand on the northwest side of Maui. It’s a popular choice for families and has excellent snorkelling opportunities.

Polo Beach: Situated in front of the Fairmont Kea Lani, this beach has gentle waves and soft sand. A playground is nearby, so your kids can also enjoy some fun on land.

Baldwin Beach Park: On Maui’s North Shore, Baldwin Beach offers a long stretch of sand with picnic areas and lifeguards. It’s a great spot for bodyboarding and building sandcastles.

Charley Young Beach: Located in Kihei, this beach is excellent for beginner swimmers. It has a natural breakwater that keeps the waves gentle and is not usually too crowded.

When travelling with kids, safety is of paramount importance. Always watch your children, apply sunscreen, and ensure they stay hydrated. Maui offers plenty of opportunities for family fun, and these beaches are just the beginning.

Enjoy your trip!

4 Likes