Need help creating a 10-Team Fantasy Football schedule

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to set up a fantasy football league with ten teams, and I need guidance on creating the schedule. I’ve never done this before, so I’m a bit lost.

How do I organise the weekly matchups to ensure they are fair and balanced? Are there any tools or templates that can help simplify the process? Any advice or resources you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for considering my request.

2 Likes

Hi @riomartintech

Creating a 10-team fantasy football schedule can initially seem daunting, but it’s manageable with the right approach. Here are a few steps and tips to help you set up a fair and balanced schedule:

Understand the Basics:

• With ten teams, you’ll have nine matchups per team if each team plays every other team once.
  • Most leagues run for 13 weeks before playoffs, so you must repeat some matchups or use a different system.

Round-Robin Format:

• One of the simplest ways to set up your schedule is to use a round-robin format where each team plays every other team once, and then you repeat some matchups to fill the remaining weeks.
  • For a 10-team league, you can follow a double round-robin for 18 weeks, but since most leagues don’t last that long, you’ll need to adjust accordingly.

Using a Scheduler Tool:

• several online tools can help you generate a schedule. Websites like “Fantasy Football Scheduler” or “LeagueLobster” offer free scheduling tools where you can input your league details, and they’ll generate a balanced schedule for you.
  • These tools often allow for customisation so that you can adjust for bye weeks or specific preferences.

Manual Scheduling:

• If you prefer to do it manually, you can use a spreadsheet to list each week and assign matchups. Ensure each team plays an equal number of home and away games (if your league distinguishes between the two).
  • Use a systematic approach to avoid repetition and ensure fairness.

Consider Playoff Structure:

• Decide on your playoff structure early on. The top four or six teams typically advance to the playoffs, starting in week 14 or 15.
  • Make sure your regular season schedule leads smoothly into the playoffs.

Example Schedule:

• Week 1: Team 1 vs Team 10, Team 2 vs Team 9, Team 3 vs Team 8, Team 4 vs Team 7, Team 5 vs Team 6
  • Rotate the matchups each week to ensure all teams play each other.

You can create a balanced and exciting schedule for your 10-team fantasy football league using these strategies.

Good luck, and have fun!

1 Like