Need help removing quick access from Google Drive in a Business application?

Hello everyone,

I’m seeking assistance with a specific issue related to Google Drive in a business application. I recently started using Google Drive for my work-related documents, and I noticed a feature called “Quick Access” that automatically shows suggested files based on my activity. While this might be useful for some, I find it distracting and would prefer to disable it.

I’ve tried exploring the settings within Google Drive but couldn’t find a direct option to turn off Quick Access. As a regular user who is not very familiar with the application’s intricacies, I’m wondering if anyone here has encountered a similar situation and knows how to remove or disable the Quick Access feature in Google Drive for a business-related account.

Any guidance or step-by-step instructions on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Likes

Hi @leilalwriter

I’m here to help you remove Quick Access from Google Drive in a business application. Quick Access is a feature in Google Drive that suggests files based on your activity, but if you find it distracting and want to disable it, follow these step-by-step instructions:

Step 1: Open Google Drive
Go to the Google Drive website or open the Google Drive app on your device and log in to your business account.

Step 2: Access Settings
In the top-right corner, click on the gear-shaped “Settings” icon to access the Settings menu.

Step 3: Choose “Settings” Option
From the dropdown menu, select the “Settings” option. This will take you to the main settings page for Google Drive.

Step 4: Disable “Quick Access”
Scroll down on the settings page until you find the “Quick Access” section.

Step 5: Uncheck the “Make relevant files handy when you need them” option
To disable Quick Access, uncheck the box next to “Make relevant files handy when you need them.”

Step 6: Save Changes
Once you’ve unchecked the box, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.

You have successfully removed Quick Access from Google Drive in your business application. The suggested files should no longer appear, allowing you to focus on your work without distractions.

If you ever wish to re-enable Quick Access in the future, follow the same steps, but this time, check the “Make relevant files handy when you need them” option.

I hope this guide helps you resolve the issue. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!

2 Likes