Recommendations for a 2-day trip in Kerala?

I’m planning a short getaway and want to spend two days in Kerala. Since I’ve never been there before, I’d love to get some recommendations on the best places to visit, things to do, and where to stay. I’m looking for scenic beauty, cultural experiences, and good food.

Any tips or itineraries would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi there,

Kerala is a fantastic choice for a short trip! Here’s a suggested itinerary for your 2-day visit:

Day 1: Kochi (Cochin)

• Morning:
    • Start your day with a visit to the Fort Kochi area. Explore the historic Chinese Fishing Nets and walk through the charming streets lined with colonial architecture.
    • Visit the St. Francis Church, the oldest European church in India.
  • Afternoon:
    • Visit the Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace, to learn about Kerala’s rich history.
    • Don’t miss the Jewish Synagogue in Jew Town, and explore the surrounding antique shops.
  • Evening:
    • Enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance at one of the cultural centers.

Day 2: Alleppey (Alappuzha)

• Morning to Afternoon:
    • Travel to Alleppey, known for its beautiful backwaters. Book a houseboat cruise for a half-day tour. This will allow you to relax and enjoy the serene landscapes, paddy fields, and village life along the backwaters.
  • Late Afternoon:
    • After your houseboat cruise, spend some time at Alleppey Beach. It’s a great spot to unwind and enjoy the sunset.
  • Evening:
    • Depending on your departure plans, Head back to Kochi or stay in Alleppey. If staying, consider dining at a local restaurant to savour authentic Kerala cuisines, like a traditional Sadya (vegetarian feast) or seafood dishes.

Accommodation Recommendations:

• In Kochi: Consider staying in Fort Kochi for its proximity to attractions. Old Harbour Hotel or Brunton Boatyard are great options.
  • In Alleppey: For a unique experience, book a night on a houseboat or stay at a homestay like Akkarakalam Memoirs.

This itinerary should give you a taste of Kerala’s cultural heritage, natural beauty, and culinary delights. Enjoy your trip!

Safe travels!

3 Likes