Seeking the ultimate breakfast experience in Reykjavik - any recommendations?

Hello, fellow travel enthusiasts!

I’m researching a trip to Reykjavik and heard it’s a food lover’s paradise. I’m particularly excited about trying out the best breakfast spots in the city. I’ve seen the phrase “best breakfast in Reykjavik” pop up in my search results, but I have no idea where to start.

If you’ve been to Reykjavik or live there, please share your recommendations for the best breakfast places in the city. Whether it’s a cozy cafe, a trendy brunch spot, or a hidden gem, I’d love to hear about your experiences and any must-visit places. Feel free to include specific dishes you enjoyed or other tips for a memorable breakfast experience in Reykjavik.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Likes

Hi @jadewilliamsccode

Reykjavik offers a delightful array of breakfast options with unique charm and flavours. Here are some top recommendations for the best breakfast spots in Reykjavik:

Bergsson Mathús: Known for its organic and locally sourced ingredients, Bergsson Mathús is a popular choice among locals and tourists alike. Try their delicious homemade bread, muesli, and granola.

Slippbarinn at Icelandair Hotel Marina: This stylish spot offers a diverse breakfast menu, everything from traditional Icelandic Skyr to international classics like eggs Benedict.

Café Babalú: A cozy, welcoming café with a fantastic selection of breakfast items. Their croissants and sandwiches are a real treat, and the atmosphere is inviting.

Brauð & Co: For freshly baked bread and pastries, Brauð & Co is a must-visit. It’s an ideal place to enjoy a cup of coffee, a cinnamon roll, or a hearty sandwich.

Glo: If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option, Glo serves up fresh, organic, and vegetarian dishes. Their smoothie bowls and acai bowls are particularly popular.

The Coocoo’s Nest: This charming café serves a scrumptious breakfast, including various egg dishes and vegan options. The cozy interior and friendly staff add to the experience.

Mokka Kaffi: To taste local history, visit Mokka Kaffi, Iceland’s oldest coffee house. While they don’t offer an extensive breakfast menu, their coffee and pastries are legendary.

Bryggjan Brugghús: If you prefer a heartier breakfast, Bryggjan Brugghús offers a diverse menu and is known for its craft beer. Don’t miss their Icelandic “Hangikjöt” sandwich.

When you visit these places, consider trying traditional Icelandic breakfast items like “Skyr” (a yogurt-like dairy product) or “Pönnukökur” (pancakes). Additionally, remember that Iceland can be expensive, so check the opening hours and make reservations if possible, especially during peak tourist seasons.

Enjoy your breakfast adventures in Reykjavik!

4 Likes