This tournament - The Player Series is a very interesting format involving men and women competing for the same prize money. It also involved juniors playing along with pros during the weekend.
Boys had a chance to play this event as a junior competing on weekend - it’s a nerve-racking experience not just for the player but for parents a well:
- The Bonnie Doon turned into a tournament course with lightning greens
- Practice round with a pro from NZ
- Playing alongside with 2 pros
- Club crowd followed the group
- The player welcome announcement on the first tee - that’s awesome!
- Scoring using the PGA.org.au official app, and more
Hopefully, the boys will get invited next year as junior or playing as an amateur!