What are some iconic love songs from 1989?

I was listening to some older music and realized I didn’t know much about songs from 1989, especially love songs. Could you share some classic love songs from that year? Whether romantic ballads, upbeat hits, or anything in between, I’d love to hear your recommendations and why you think they’re memorable.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @ariarodesign

If you’re interested in love songs from 1989, several memorable tracks still resonate today. Here are a few notable examples:

“Right Here Waiting” by Richard Marx: This ballad became an anthem for long-distance relationships with heartfelt lyrics and simple piano accompaniment.
“Eternal Flame” by The Bangles: A romantic tune that’s as tender as it is captivating, with lush harmonies that give it a timeless feel.
“I’ll Be There for You” by Bon Jovi: A rock ballad that shows a softer side of Bon Jovi, exploring themes of loyalty and commitment in relationships.
“If You Don’t Know Me by Now” by Simply Red: This soulful song reflects on the complexities of relationships and the importance of understanding and patience.
“Two Hearts” by Phil Collins: This catchy tune has an upbeat tempo and encapsulates the joy and excitement of being in love.

These songs reflect various styles, from rock to soul to pop, demonstrating the diversity of love songs from 1989. Whether you’re looking for something romantic and soothing or upbeat and lively, a song from that year will speak to you.

Enjoy exploring these classics!