What are the best acupuncture points for dealing with grief?

I’ve been going through a tough time recently and have heard that acupuncture can help with emotional issues like grief.

Can anyone recommend specific acupuncture points that are effective for alleviating grief? I would greatly appreciate any advice or personal experiences.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @riomartintech

Here’s the info that I found on the net. I am not an expert, so please consult with the acupuncturist.

Acupuncture can indeed be beneficial for dealing with emotional distress, including grief. Here are some acupuncture points that are often recommended:

Shen Men (HT7)—This point is located on the wrist crease, on the pinky side. It is known to calm the mind and relieve anxiety and emotional pain.

Yintang (EX-HN3) - Situated between the eyebrows. This point helps reduce stress and promote emotional balance.

Heart 3 (HT3) - Found at the inner end of the elbow crease. It’s effective for calming the mind and easing emotional turmoil.

Pericardium 6 (PC6) - Located on the inner forearm, about three finger widths below the wrist. This point is excellent for alleviating anxiety and emotional distress.

Lung 7 (LU7)—This point is located on the inside of the arm, above the wrist. In traditional Chinese medicine, the lungs are associated with the emotion of grief, so it is beneficial for releasing grief and sadness.

Kidney 3 (KI3) - Found on the inner side of the ankle. This point helps ground and stabilize emotions.

It’s important to consult with a licensed acupuncturist who can provide a personalized treatment plan based on your specific needs. Acupuncture is a holistic approach; an expert can help ensure you receive the most effective care for your situation.

I hope this information helps you find some relief. Take care!